Monterey Masonry introduces New Copley Sidewalks
For years Monterey Masonry has supplied architects and landscape architects with reclaimed bluestone sidewalks. The patina acquired by 150 years of polishing by rain and shoe leather gives these beautiful hand-cut antique pieces a visual and emotional beauty, as seen in the work of the American impressionist, Childe Hassam (1859 – 1935), who painted the bluestone sidewalks of Boston’s South End in the rain.
We continue to be dealers for this stone, but we are aware of the problems salvage materials present for architects:
- Reclaimed material may not be available to meet your construction schedule.
- Reclaimed material may not be available in the quantity you need.
- Reclaimed material may not be available in the sizes you specify.
- Reclaimed material may not be available in the thickness you require.
- Reclaimed antique material may not be within your construction budget.
Carefully made with hand chiseled edges and a warm, worn, patina that will knock you and your clients out. These beautiful sidewalks, curbings, and copings are available now. We offer you bluestone quarried in New York State and fabricated by American craftsmen.
Consider New Copley Sidewalks:
- Available right now – and all through the year. Yes, available in the winter!
- Just let us know the area to be covered and the sizes you need. Can you spec large 4′ x 5′ or 5′ x 6′ pieces? Yes.
- Wall copings? As thick and wide as you need. With weathered tops and weathered rock edges. For a 24″ wall, order 24″ plus your overhang, say 1-½ ” either side: So order 27″ wide. Tell us how many corners you need. 3″ is a classic wall coping thickness. Wall copings are traditional for brick and stone walls.
- Pool copings? 16″ wide by 2″ thick is standard but it’s your call.
- Stair treads? Want full rise stone? No problem, all patinated and looking ancient. Have you ever tried to find an old set of steps that fits your requirements?
- Custom pieces? Radius cuts? Send it to us as a CAD drawing and we can fabricate it with these beautiful patinated surfaces.
- Are you designing for an interior space? We can gauge these down to ¾” or 1”.
- Cost: Way less per square foot than reclaimed material.
Consider New Copley Sidewalks for:
- Sills and lintels for windows and doors
Custom pieces? Radius cuts? Send it to us as a CAD drawing and we can fabricate it with these beautiful patinated surfaces
These timeless patinated sidewalks will complement your vision.
These beautiful stones have the surface and handwork of the antique reclaimed sidewalks. These sidewalks, curbings, and copings are in production and available now to meet your specifications.
Give us a call today! 413-229-0475.